Seen on Houston Life, his Edible Slime Grinch Ornament Craft can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The Grinch face can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. Just have fun with it! Happy Holiday Candy Crafting!
100% Edible Slime Ingredients:
🎄4 tablespoons green dry Jello mix
🎄Christmas themed sprinkles
🎄1 Small Cypress Sweets Candy grab-n-go full of green, red and white Albanese Christmas Gummies
🎄2 tablespoons cornstarch
🎄1 tablespoons powdered sugar
🎄3 tablespoons water
Non-Edible Craft Supplies Needed:
- Red holiday ribbon
- Fillable Christmas ornament with a screw on lid. This can also be a mason jar or you can use a Cypress Sweets candy jar to create the ornament.
- Black permanent paint marker
- Fun wiggle eyes 👀
- Glue stick or glue gun
- Small funnel
- Plastic craft tools
- Plastic gloves
- Turn on holiday music, preferably The Grinch Soundtrack.
- Prepare a space to craft and cover the surface.
- Create your bowl of green edible slime.
- Stir cornstarch and green dry jello until mixed well.
- Add water and continue to stir.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to stir.
- You can now control the consistency of your slime by examining it and stirring in either water or cornstarch one teaspoon at a time, as needed.
- Note 📝 For this craft we want the slime to be thick, but we need to be able to pour the slime. So, you may need to add some more water.
- Set your slime aside.
- Add your choice of fun candy to the bottom of your fillable ornament! For this craft we are adding Christmas sprinkles and a Cypress Sweets Candy grab-n-go of green, red and white Albanese Christmas Gummies!
- Pour the slime into the fillable ornament over your candy using a small funnel. Take your time. There may be areas of thicker slime. This can be done without a funnel, but it is more messy! Top off your slime with candy or sprinkles. Screw on the lid.
- Wipe up any slime on the outside of your ornament and make sure it is dry.
- Choose the side of your ornament that will be Grinch’s face and use a glue stick or glue gun to affix wiggle eyes to the outside of the ornament.
- Using google for inspiration, draw Grinch’s face on the ornament with the black paint marker. It dries quickly and two coats of paint usually does the trick. Tip: you can’t wipe it off once you have started.
- Use red ribbon to decorate the top of your Grinch ornament.